Free Serial Analyzer Overview
Free Serial Analyzer is a non-intrusive Serial Port sniffer and software RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 protocol analyzer for Windows.
Using this freeware RS232/RS485/RS422 logic analyzer utility you'll be able to capture/display any data and commands transmitted via Serial Ports of your computer. Captured raw binary data of serial communication packets is decoded, parsed and then represented in easy-readable format, allowing you to perform effective forensic analysis of any data exchanged via RS 232, RS 422 or RS 485 serial interfaces.
This free serial protocol analyzer is a complete software serial port sniffing solution, therefore you don't need to worry about any additional hardware, null-modem cable, DB-25 or DE-9 connectors and so on.
Using this software Serial Port logic analyzer you'll also be able to capture and monitor dataflow from any serial devices connected to the COM ports of the remote PC. In order to monitor and analyze data streams flowing though remote Serial Ports you just need a Device Monitoring Studio Server and LAN or Internet connection to the remote computer.
Free Serial Analyzer supports advanced data filtering by Requests and I/O Codes.
Use this Serial Port Packet Sniffer for development, testing and debugging of your serial applications and devices.
How Free Serial Analyzer Works
Program installs filter driver over the Windows serial port driver and then monitors all the commands and data transmitted via serial ports by any serial software application or RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 hardware devices.
This Free rs232 data explorer and tracer is designed for effective capturing, parsing and decoding, monitoring and analyzing of communication traffic generated by serial devices connected to the local or remote PC.
Capturing, parsing and displaying of data transferred via Serial Port connections now made easy!
Free Serial Analyzer OS support:
Our Free Serial Port Snooper supports all modern Windows server and desktop platforms starting from Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) and including Windows 8/8.1 x86 and x64 operating systems.
Free Serial Analyzer Features
Free Serial Port Analyzer is able to capture and decode monitored packets in real-time even under high traffic load. This Freeware Serial Port Monitor supports all standard Bit rates of 75, 110, 300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600 and 115200 bit/s. It is also extremely optimized and carefully tuned to support high transfer data rates and Non-standard bit rates without chance to slow down or stuck your computer or operating system like many others do. Our Free COM Port Analyzer also supports all standard Data bits, Parity (odd, even, mark, space), Stop bits, XON/XOFF Software and Hardware Flow control.
- It intercepts and traces all Input/Output Control Code Requests (IOCTLs) and I/O Request Packets (IRPs) from DTE (data terminal equipment) and DCE (data circuit-terminating equipment) devices.
- It displays the status of Serial (Modem) control lines: Transmitted Data TxD, Received Data RxD, Data Terminal Ready DTR, Carrier Detect DCD, Data Set Ready DSR, Ring Indicator RI, Request To Send RTS, Clear To Send CTS.
- It monitors data from plug and play (PnP) serial ports and I/O ports (COM Ports) interfaced by 16550 UART: COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4 … COMn; custom and virtual serial ports registered and visible in Windows device manager under standard Ports (COM & LPT) device class.
- It may capture serial port traffic which flows via named pipes created by our Free Virtual Serial Ports.
- It supports monitoring of exchanged serial data from external devices connected to the PC via USB to Serial converters.
If you are looking for complete software solution to view serial port communication traffic and explore serial protocol packets data, Free Serial Analyzer is what you need. This serial port monitoring tool requires no additional hardware and allows you to debug protocol errors, view and test device failures.
Our Free Serial Port Monitor Usage Scenarios
You can use this Serial Port communications viewer and debugger for:
- Serial protocol development, system integration and diagnostics
- Detecting errors in asynchronous data transmission
- Analyzing of data transferred between any RS232/422/485 device and Windows application
- Development of RS232, RS485 and RS422 peripheral devices and device drivers
- Debugging any serial port software or hardware, snooping serial data and control requests
- Researching functionality of any third-party hardware devices and software applications
- Debugging and testing different MODBUS devices
- Testing and troubleshooting serial protocols between device and device driver
- Analyzing and reverse-engineering RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 serial protocols
Free Software Serial Port Logic Analyzer Target Groups
Our free serial data parser, decoder and analyser is an extremely useful tool for the following target groups:
- Serial port device drivers and software application developers
- RS232/422/485 hardware developers, manufacturers and vendors
- System integrators and consultants
- Field and lab engineers
- Programmers, testers and other IT specialists
- SCADA software system engineers
- Industrial control equipment support specialists
- Science technicians and university students
Free Serial Protocol Analyzer allows you to capture communication data flowing between computer and the following serial devices:
- Dial-up Modems, Fax-Modems, mini-ATS, Computer terminals, teletypes
- POS terminals, shop till systems, Bar code scanners and other point of sale devices
- Industrial automation systems, RS232/485/422 industrial equipment
- Network equipment, Wireless LAN equipment, Serial device servers, NPort servers
- Console ports, Routers, Multiplexers, Hubs, Switches, firewalls, load balancers
- RS-232 to RS-422/485 converters, Multiport Serial Boards, Serial to fiber converters
- Printers, test instruments, scientific instruments, relays, lamps, Telescopes
- Test and measuring equipment, multimeters, oscilloscopes, manometers, sensors
- Network-enable serial devices, Serial device controllers, uninterruptible power supply
- Low-speed satellite modems, satellite phones, GPS receivers, other satellite based transceiver devices
- PLCs, VFDs, servo drives, CNC controllers, other CNC equipment programmable via RS232/422/485
- Entertaining equipment, simulators, MIDI-serial devices
- HVAC, door entry systems, other security systems
- Bar-code readers, Cash registers, Card readers
- Diagnostic equipment, software debuggers that run on a second computer
List of supported Serial Major I/O Requests:
List of supported Serial Device Control Requests:
Download this Free Serial Port Monitor and start to analyze Serial Port communications in just few seconds!
Free Serial Analyzer Advantages
- Fast. It works on high transfer rates without affecting PC performance.
- Flexible. It supports advanced data filtering and layout customization.
- Remote. It monitors devices connected to the remote computer.
- Social. It allows you to ask questions and get answers from experts.
- FREE. It costs you NOTHING!